Trump And Bill O’Reilly To Launch ‘History Tour’ Event Series2 min read
Eager to get back in the spotlight after months mostly out of the public eye, former President Donald Trump will attend a series of events in December with Bill O’Reilly, the former Fox News host announced through a publicist on Monday.
Dubbed the “History Tour,” the events promise a “never-before-heard inside view” of the Trump Administration.
Four events will be held, including two in Texas and one in Florida (the fourth location is to be determined).
O’Reilly, who was ousted from Fox News in 2017 after the New York Times disclosed sexual harassment claims levied against him, currently hosts his own podcast show, No Spin News.
A fierce defender of Trump, O’Reilly will discuss with the former president “exactly how things were accomplished, as well as challenges, both good and bad,” according to the press release.
The announcement comes after Trump in May announced he will relaunch his rallies this month.
“These will be wonderful but hard-hitting sessions where we’ll talk about the real problems happening in the U.S., those that the Fake News Media never mention,” Trump said in a statement. “I will be focusing on greatness for our Country, something seldom discussed in political dialogue.”
Trump, who has been the subject of sexual harassment allegations himself, previously defended O’Reilly back when the claims were first levied against the host. I think he shouldn’t have settled; personally I think he shouldn’t have settled,” Trump told the New York Times in 2017. “Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.”
Locked out of his social media accounts, Trump has started to make more public appearances in recent weeks. On Saturday, he spoke at the North Carolina GOP convention, where he continued to falsely—and at length—suggest the election was “stolen.” Trump’s fixation on the 2020 election results has concerned allies, who hope the GOP can turn the page before the 2022 midterms, according to multiple outlets.
Facebook To Keep Trump Suspended For 2 Years, Then Assess ‘Risk To Public Safety’ (Forbes)
Trump Shuts Down Much-Hyped Blog (Forbes)