Traverse City fall vacation deals: resorts, wine tasting and golf3 min read
TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Snugged up against the curves of Grand Traverse Bay, Traverse City in the fall is really something to behold. Whether you’re headed out for a drive along the scenic M-22 or dipping into your favorite vineyards for some wine tasting, fall colors are ablaze everywhere you turn in this water wonderland with its tree-lined vistas.
There’s certainly no shortage of fall activities. Biking the area’s TART trail network usually tops our list, and strolling along the waterfront near Clinch Park never disappoints.
With fall morphing into winter tourism season in just a couple months, area resorts big and small have put together some vacation packages to entice travelers.
“We’re in a season that can be a peak time to explore Traverse City,” said Mike Kent, public relations manager for Traverse City Tourism. “The colors of fall, or the skiing and other winter activities give this area a different perspective. Wine and brew tours, cozy fireplaces, and all the great outdoor activities have helped to create a vibrant four-season experience.”
Whether you’re looking for a golf getaway, a girlfriends weekend or a solo adventure, there’s probably a special that fits it.
Here is a sampling of the fall travel deals around Traverse City, as featured on Traverse City Tourism’s website:
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- Two-Night Championship Golf Package: Includes accommodations and two rounds of golf per person. Runs through Nov. 6.
- Two-Night Golf Stay & Play Package: Includes accommodations, two rounds of golf per person on the weekends or two days unlimited golf per person midweek, Turtle Creek Casino e-credits and dining credits. Runs through Nov. 6.
Sleep Inn & Suites
- Stay 3 Nights and Save 12%: Some dates and holiday weekends are excluded. Book online using the offer link or call (231) 938-7000.
Crystal Mountain Resort
- Bed & Breakfast Package: Accommodations and a daily breakfast is included. Runs through Dec. 31.
- Unlimited Golf Package: Accommodations and unlimited golf with a shared cart from day of arrival through day of departure. Unlimited use of Practice & Learning Center. Runs through Oct. 31.
Lake ‘N Pines Lodge
- Pedal-Paddle-Pour: Accommodations plus gift cards to local restaurants for breakfasts, dinner at a local brewery, kayak or canoe rentals, wine tastings and souvenirs.
- Lovin’ Leelanau: Accommodations plus a welcome basket, gift certificates to Cherry Republic, the M-22 Store in Glen Arbor, and gift cards to restaurants, wine tastings and more.
For more vacation package deals in the Traverse City area, check Traverse City Tourism’s website.
Headed to Traverse City? Here are some things to check out on your trip:
Michigan’s Best M-22 Road Trip, from Traverse City to Suttons Bay
Why this freediver stashes bottles in underwater wine cellar in Grand Traverse Bay
This delightful Northern Michigan winery is perched atop Leelanau Peninsula’s highest point
Northern Michigan winery offers unique Barrel Room tastings