Council has committed to the upgrade and renewal of the existing Visitor Information Centre at The Entrance as part of our Operational Plan for this financial year.
We have prioritised this important project to create a multipurpose facility that will not only help to drive tourism and economic spend, but also be a year-round space for locals to enjoy.
- An interactive Visitor Information Centre experience with the ability to create tailored Eat, Stay and Play itineraries.Replacement of existing amenities with a modern facility encompassing improved public facilities, including an Adult Accessible Change Facility (AACF) and event toilets.
- Improved layout and new decking to take advantage of the magnificent Entrance channel and natural environment, including improved accessibility.
- A dedicated space to showcase and sell a wide spectrum of bespoke local products from local Makers and Creators.
- A bookable function area for small-scale events.
- A purpose-built accessible greenroom and backstage office area to support the existing Memorial Park stage and performers.
Benefits for the community
By creating an inviting and vibrant hub for locals and tourists to find key information we will increase the uptake of day trips, overnight stays and consequent spending, which is vital for the continued growth of our region’s economy. The new Centre will educate and inform visitors and residents about the diverse range of experiences on offer across the Coast to disperse people and spend throughout the region.
With an already purpose-built stage and adjoining grounds, these upgrades will also improve our capacity to host large-scale events and festivals and to attract exciting new acts to the Coast.
In addition we are providing locals with improved facilities and an opportunity to learn more about the region’s offerings and connect with our local makers and creators.
|November 2021||Temporary Visitor Information Centre Complete|
|December 2021||Construction commences|
|June 2022||Construction complete|
Minimising impacts during construction
Every effort will be made to minimise impacts to you as we complete these works.
Throughout the construction period a temporary Visitor Information Centre will be located within Memorial Park, The Entrance and responses from Council staff to email and online enquiries will continue.
Temporary toilets will also be installed.
There may be a temporary loss of some parking spaces and increased vehicle traffic and noise in the area, however our priority will be to minimise diruption to residents, businesses and visitors as much as possible during construction.
If residents are concerned about the project at any stage, we encourage them to contact Project Managers Mark Butterfield and Sue Ledingham through our online Customer Service Centre or by calling 1300 463 954.