Airbnb, the online marketplace for short-term rentals, has released new data on family travel. According to the data, families are seeking more space when they travel, and they are turning to Airbnb to find it.
- Families are traveling again
- More space is in demand
- Airbnb is meeting the need
- Tips for families traveling with Airbnb
Families are Traveling Again
After more than a year of lockdowns and travel restrictions, families are eager to hit the road and explore new destinations. With many schools and workplaces offering remote options, families have more flexibility in their travel plans than ever before.
According to Airbnb’s data, family travel bookings on the platform have increased significantly since the start of the pandemic. In fact, the number of nights booked on Airbnb for family travel in the US has surpassed pre-pandemic levels.
More Space is in Demand
One of the key findings of Airbnb’s data is that families are seeking more space when they travel. This trend is likely driven by a desire for social distancing and a need for privacy and relaxation after a stressful year.
According to Airbnb’s data, the most popular type of accommodation for family travel is an entire home or apartment. These listings offer families more space, privacy, and amenities than a traditional hotel room.
Airbnb is Meeting the Need
Airbnb is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of families who are seeking more space when they travel. With over 4 million listings in more than 220 countries and regions, Airbnb offers a wide range of options for families of all sizes and budgets.
In addition, Airbnb’s platform allows families to filter their search results based on their specific needs and preferences. For example, families can search for listings that have a kitchen or a pool, or that are pet-friendly.
Tips for Families Traveling with Airbnb
If you’re planning a family trip with Airbnb, here are some tips to help you find the perfect accommodation:
- Search early: Popular destinations and dates can book up quickly, so start your search as early as possible.
- Use filters: Take advantage of Airbnb’s filters to narrow down your search results and find the perfect accommodation for your family.
- Read reviews: Read reviews from previous guests to get a sense of what to expect from the accommodation and the host.
- Communicate with the host: Reach out to the host with any questions or concerns before you book your stay.
Overall, Airbnb’s new data shows that families are seeking more space when they travel, and they are turning to Airbnb to find it. With a wide range of listings and a platform that allows for customization and flexibility, Airbnb is a great option for families looking to make the most of their travel experiences.